What are automated chasers?
Automated Chasers are a Nivo tool you can use to further automate your processes. Chasers let you automatically start a NivoBot when you haven't heard back from a customer.
You can automatically chase them on one of the following:
- Unread messages
- Unanswered requests (e.g.: they have not uploaded a payslip, completed an Onfido ID&V check, e-signed a document, etc...)
Why should I use this?
We've heard time and time again that agents spend significant amounts of time manually chasing customers for evidence. That time can be better allocated towards higher-value tasks such as spending time with customers and building loyalty.
With Nivo's automated Chasers, customers can be automatically reminded of their outstanding tasks without your agents needing to manually chase them up!
How do I set this up?
Setting this up is super easy, and takes less than 10 minutes! You set this up once, then the Chasers are applicable for all conversations on a console.
At the moment only admins on a console have the ability to set up Chasers.
Set up a NivoBot with the specific wording you want to chase the customer up with.
Set up relevant test users. Chasers in Test will only be sent to configured testers. To set up a tester, simply add their phone number.
To test Chasers, the tester must have the App on their phone.
Go to the configurations (the cog in the top right), and click the 'Chasers' button
Click 'Create Chaser' and select whether you want to chase a customer based on unread messages or unanswered requests.
It is important to note that a Chaser will only fire ONCE per conversation.
Select the NivoBot that you want to fire out to the customer when they have either (1) not read a message, or (2) not completed an action. This is the NivoBot that should have been configured as part of pre-req #1 in this guide.
Configure the timeframes that you want the Chaser to fire. Popular timeframes we've seen have been 24h, 48h, or 72h after the requests. However, it's all up to you!
It's important to note that in the Test version of Chasers, 1 hour = 1 minute. So for example, if you set a Chaser for 1 hour, it'll actually fire after 1 minute in the Test version. We did this since we figured you wouldn't want to wait around for hours to see if the Chaser will fire while testing! 😉
Set your Chaser to either Test or Live
Note: we highly recommend you test this out before setting this feature to live!
That's it - hit create, and you're ready to go!
Tips and Tricks 🚀
- If you're in Test... don't forget to flip your Chaser to "live" in the Chaser menu once you're ready to go live with customers!
- You can cancel a Chaser that's been set on an individual conversation by clicking 'View Chasers' on a conversation, then clicking 'X' on the Chasers that you want to cancel.
- You can set more than one Chaser. Some of our clients set multiple Chasers in different intervals, with different messages per Chaser!
- Chaser 1 (24h): Hi there- you have an item outstanding!
- Chaser 2 (48h): Hi there - you have an item outstanding. If you want to complete your application, we require the above to be actioned as soon as possible!
- You can set both in-app Nivo messages, or SMS messages as Chasers (or do a combination of both!)
- The Chasers are applicable for all conversations on your console.